dovecot-antispam package in trusty

Paul DiSciascio thenut at bytemonkey.net
Wed May 21 17:16:38 UTC 2014

I have a problem with functionality in the dovecot-antispam package
after an upgrade to Trusty.  In an effort to address this, I've been
digging through upstream code repositories, and I found the following:

The version of dovecot-antispam included with trusty looks like it's
from the 8/22/2013 check-in to the GIT repo maintained by Johannes Berg
at http://git.sipsolutions.net/?p=dovecot-antispam.git.

I also noticed that the dovecot mercurial repo also contains a version
of this plugin that was apparently forked a long time ago. It is located
at http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-antispam-plugin/ and last updated in
april 2013.    It appears to not have the problem that the other version
has, but it has its own set of problems and doesn't seem to respect most
of the configuration options in the documentation (debug flags, dspam
args, etc).

I've posted my problem to the dovecot mailing list, but i'm not sure how
well it will be received since Trusty appears to be using a version not
maintained by that project (but maybe i'm interpreting this wrong).

Here is the actual problem description:
http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2014-May/096236.html

Since this list is considered the package maintainer for
dovecot-antispam, I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the
packaging choices here and where I might go for additional help.

Thanks,
Paul