Problem with Ubuntu 13.10 gmp-ecm package...

wraithx at morpheus.net wraithx at morpheus.net
Sun Mar 23 15:28:45 UTC 2014

Hello Nick,

Thank you for pointing me to the backport request page.  However, while reading
that page I see the following:
"This generally makes backports an inappropriate avenue for fixing bugs. If a
package in an Ubuntu release has a bug, it should be fixed either through the
Security Update or the Stable Release Update process, as appropriate."
Does this mean I should look into going down, perhaps, the Stable Release Update
route?  Or is a backport still the best choice for this issue?  In either event
I'm happy to get the ball rolling, I just want to make sure I take this down the
best path.

-David C.