New Debian Package Calendarserver 5.1

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Thu Mar 6 09:10:21 UTC 2014

Rahul,

Thank you for caring for your package in Ubuntu.

We're past feature freeze for the LTS release now:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TrustyTahr/ReleaseSchedule
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FeatureFreeze

However calendarserver is not seeded in Ubuntu, and I see no Ubuntu
delta for this package, so an exception may be more palatable to the
release team. The process is here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FreezeExceptionProcess

Upstream and Debian maintainer opinion on supportability and
appropriateness for the LTS have weight here, so be sure to state that.

If the release team agree to an exception, then if you upload to Debian,
it is straightforward to sync the package to Ubuntu. Here's the process:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SyncRequestProcess

after uploading to Debian, 2) point an uploader to the exception
approval and ask for the uploader to sync the package.

Try #ubuntu-motu on Freenode for any real time help, or on this list of
course.

HTH,

Robie