Manually editing debianrules file needed for simple build process?

Thomas Pryds thomas at pryds.eu
Mon Jun 30 20:43:47 UTC 2014

> Off the top of my head, you probably want something like:

Thank you! The clean target still complains about makefile.my not
existing, but I can handle that, I think the reason is clear.
Temporarily letting clean do nothing, the process now finishes with
success, and a deb file is created! I did have the feeling that what I
was doing was overkill :-)

>> 5. sudo cp -f binaryfile /usr/local/bin/
>
> In debian/install, put the single line:
>         src/binaryfile usr/local/bin/

The binary doesn't seem to get included in the resulting deb file. Do
I need to mention the debian/install file somewhere? (it didn't exist,
so I created it)

Thanks,
Thomas