Manually editing debianrules file needed for simple build process?

Thomas Pryds thomas at pryds.eu
Mon Jul 7 18:40:23 UTC 2014

Sorry for still asking these newbie questions, but I'm kind of lost on
this, and I don't think the documentation provides much help for something
a little off the standard example. I've learned a lot by the answers I got
here, though, but I still can't seem to get it to work. Therefore I started
all over (still on Ubuntu 14.04), documenting every step I took:

sudo apt-get install build-essential dh-make bzr unzip
mkdir ~/build; cd ~/build
wget https://github.com/foo1inge/datacoin-hp/archive/master.zip
unzip master.zip
mv datacoin-hp-master datacoind-0.1.2.0dtc
tar -zcvf datacoind-0.1.2.0dtc.tar.gz datacoind-0.1.2.0dtc #not sure
whether this is necessary when upstream comes as a zip file
bzr dh-make datacoind 0.1.2.0dtc datacoind-0.1.2.0dtc.tar.gz

select type of binary: single

bzr sh-make returns:
-------
Skipping creating ../datacoind_0.1.2.0dtc.orig.tar.gz because it already
exists
Currently there is no top level Makefile. This may require additional
tuning.
Done. Please edit the files in the debian/ subdirectory now. You should also
check that the datacoind Makefiles install into $DESTDIR and not in / .
Package prepared in /home/bitcoinbeginner/build/datacoind
-------

cd datacoind/debian
rm *ex *EX
gedit changelog #changing version into 0.1.2.0dtc-1ubuntu1ppa1 and
correcting name+email
gedit control # http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=VmCzkj8E - still contains
errors that I don't think has anything to do with this
rm README.source README.Debian
gedit rules # http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=sSTs9vp1 (also tried without
the last override_dh_auto_install)
bzr commit -m 'Initial commit of Debian packaging'
gedit install # one line "src/datacoind usr/local/bin/" - also tried with
"src/datacoind /usr/local/bin/"
bzr builddeb -- -us -uc

builddeb output: http:/pastebin.com/raw.php?i=ym9EezUV

Still the resulting deb file doesn't contain the binary datacoind file
resulting from the compile.
Resulting dsc file: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=y6JF4jeq

Thomas