Manually editing debianrules file needed for simple build process?

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Wed Jul 2 19:51:25 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jul 02, 2014 at 08:49:18PM +0200, Thomas Pryds wrote:
> >> The binary doesn't seem to get included in the resulting deb file. Do
> >> I need to mention the debian/install file somewhere? (it didn't exist,
> >> so I created it)
> >
> > If you have multiple binary packages, then you need
> > debian/<binarypackagename>.install instead. Try that anyway?
>
> Didn't work, either, I'm afraid. The install file doesn't seem to get
> mentioned in the output of "bzr builddeb -- -us -uc". Neither does the
> binary file. The output is at http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=tnuzcwKy
> if that makes a difference (don't mind the lots of errors and warnings
> still there; I haven't started working on those yet).

Looks like dh_auto_install got called, but dh_install never got called.
I'm not sure here, but I guess in the case of an unknown build system
(from dh's point of view) you need to call dh_install manually?

In that case I'd try:

override_dh_auto_install:
	dh_install

I'm not sure if this is the right way to fix this, but I think it should
work. And then you should need the file to just be called debian/install
as you are generating just one binary package.

HTH,

Robie