New Debian Package Calendarserver 5.1

Andrew Starr-Bochicchio a.starr.b at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 14:43:54 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 12:20 PM, Rahul Amaram
<amaramrahul at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

>>> Agree with what rbasak said. If you install ubuntu-dev-tools
>>> (available in debian) you can execute "requestsync" tool with "-e"
>>> flag which will assist in correctly filing post-Feature Freeze sync
>>> bug.
>>>
>> I have raised a bug using requestsync -
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1290218 . Let us hope it gets through :).
>>
>> - Rahul.
>

> Just curious as the trusty release is almost on the corner. Could I know if
> there any idea to still have calendarserver 5.1 into Trusty? I have not got
> any response on the ticket that I have raised -
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1290218 .

I imagine the release team is a bit backed up at the moment. There are
a few things that you could do that would help make sure that when
they do look at it you'll get a positive response rather than a
request for more information. Namely:

- Attach a diff of the upstream ChangeLog (not debian/changelog), or
some other summery of upstream changes
- Attach a log of a package build on trusty
- Describe any testing done on trusty

Check out: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FreezeExceptionProcess#FeatureFreeze_for_new_upstream_versions

Thanks for your work on this!

-- Andrew Starr-Bochicchio