Package Merge

Daniel Lintott daniel at serverb.co.uk
Tue Oct 29 10:38:30 UTC 2013

On 28/10/13 21:34, Julian Taylor wrote:
> On 28.10.2013 22:23, Daniel Lintott wrote:
>> Hi MOTU,
>>
>> I am the new Debian Maintainer for the dynamips package [1]. I have
>> found that a patch was applied in Ubuntu to enable arm support.
>>
>> Checking on MOM [2] I can see that merge into Ubuntu now fails, which
>> doesn't surprise me as the package has been substantially reworked
>> including the layout of the upstream source.
>>
>> What is the best way to handle this?
>> Would it be preferable to import the patch into the Debian package and
>> then sync the package?
>>

> that is the easiest way, and apparently has already been tried.
> Now it fails to build on armhf and powerpc and is thus stuck in proposed
> (ubuntus variant of unstable->testing migration)
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dynamips/0.2.10-1.1
>
> If you fix these two failures it should migrate to the proper release
> automatically.
> (you can probably ignore arm64 for now)

Thankyou for the information, I had completely missed the build pages
when I was looking around.

The FTBFS on  arm is expected, as the source needs patching for this.
As for the FTBFS on powerpc... This seems to be related to it trying to
build with JIT support, which I shall have to investigate further.

Regards

Daniel