Package Merge

Julian Taylor jtaylor.debian at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 28 21:34:51 UTC 2013

On 28.10.2013 22:23, Daniel Lintott wrote:
> Hi MOTU,
>
> I am the new Debian Maintainer for the dynamips package [1]. I have
> found that a patch was applied in Ubuntu to enable arm support.
>
> Checking on MOM [2] I can see that merge into Ubuntu now fails, which
> doesn't surprise me as the package has been substantially reworked
> including the layout of the upstream source.
>
> What is the best way to handle this?
> Would it be preferable to import the patch into the Debian package and
> then sync the package?

that is the easiest way, and apparently has already been tried.
Now it fails to build on armhf and powerpc and is thus stuck in proposed
(ubuntus variant of unstable->testing migration)
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dynamips/0.2.10-1.1

If you fix these two failures it should migrate to the proper release
automatically.
(you can probably ignore arm64 for now)