EasyTag new version

Vasco vascofalves at gmail.com
Sun Oct 6 14:39:34 UTC 2013

There has been a new version of EasyTag out since February 2013. There
is an outstanding bug in both Ubuntu and Debian (Ubuntu one here
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/easytag/+bug/1198450) about
this, but no action has been taken on either side. Source found here
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/easytag/2.1/ .

So, I finally bit the bullet and tried compiling it in saucy. It worked,
after I applied a somewhat hackish patch to remove strict checking for
declaration-after-statement errors (patch attached), and installed
intltool, which is a new build-dep.  After that it compiled, and worked
as far as I could tell.  I didn't perform extensive testing though.

Of the patches in debian/patches,
fix_segfault_loading_tags_from_txt.patch and fix-out-of-bound.patch have
been applied upstream, taglib.patch is no longer needed as what it did
was make EasyTag use taglib instead of libmp4v2. Upstream is now using
taglib as well.

So yeah, it works. Please upload it to the archive.

Vasco