DEB_XXX_MAINT_STRIP is not taken into account during build ???

PICCA Frederic-Emmanuel frederic-emmanuel.picca at synchrotron-soleil.fr
Wed Nov 13 07:47:16 UTC 2013

Hello,

I received a bug report about one of our users [3], explaining that my package (tango) is not working on ubuntu. (13.10).
Indeed this software does not work if it was compiled with this LDFLAGS "-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions"

So I put in the debian/rules file this line:

export DEB_LDFLAGS_MAINT_STRIP="-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions"

for ubuntu build (debian does not use this flags by default)
now if I look at the buildlog[1][2] of tango I see that this FLAGS is still passed to the configure script.

so what is wrong with the build toolchain. did I miss something ?

Thanks for you help.

Frederic

PS: please CC me I am not a subscriber to this mailing list

[1] https://launchpadlibrarian.net/154750202/buildlog_ubuntu-trusty-i386.tango_8.1.2c%2Bdfsg-1_UPLOADING.txt.gz
[2] https://launchpadlibrarian.net/140981728/buildlog_ubuntu-saucy-i386.tango_8.0.5%2Bdfsg-3_UPLOADING.txt.gz
[3] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tango/+bug/1250534