Ubuntu Platform developers BOF session?

Robert Park robert.park at canonical.com
Fri Nov 8 22:54:35 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 1:09 PM, Barry Warsaw <barry at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> [*] % grep '^Package: ' /var/lib/apt/lists/*_Sources | wc -l
> 43047
>
> 920 / 43047 =~ 2%

This number doesn't tell the whole story. Remember debian has a long
tail of packages that are very obscure / niche. It may be 2% of the
whole, but I would guess that it's like 80% of popular desktop
packages. I don't think I've *ever* branched a UDD branch and found it
to be current. In fact every SRU I've tried to do based on UDD failed
because it regressed some previous release that didn't make it into
the UDD branch.