Ubuntu Platform developers BOF session?

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Fri Nov 8 20:34:44 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 08, 2013 at 02:09:51PM -0500, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On Nov 08, 2013, at 01:33 PM, Andrew Starr-Bochicchio wrote:
>
> >> Hmmmm. bzr-builddeb works fine for me. The problem is with the UDD
> >> *branches*, which are an unmitigated disaster.
>
> Well, not a complete disaster, unless you care about one of the currently 920
> packages failing import. ;)

I more or less gave up using UDD. The problem is that I can't invest
exclusively in that workflow. I try, and then sometimes I have a problem
because of a package import failure. I don't think I touch that many
packages, yet I've hit the issue several times.

So I end up using a different workflow from the beginning. I'm not sure
what I'd gain in using the UDD workflow if it doesn't work some of the
time.