Help with pbuilder: can't exec pyversions

John Kim johnkim.ubuntu at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 15:48:54 UTC 2013

2013년 08월 09일 08:39, Charlie Smotherman 쓴 글:
> On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 10:11 AM, John Kim <johnkim.ubuntu at gmail.com
> <mailto:johnkim.ubuntu at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     2013년 08월 08일 22:37, Charlie Smotherman 쓴 글:
>>     On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 11:18 PM, John Kim
>>     <johnkim.ubuntu at gmail.com <mailto:johnkim.ubuntu at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>         Hi motu,
>>
>>         This is John Kim. I'm currently packaging pylang [1], but I've
>>         encountered some pbuilder problems. Lintian gave no errors,
>>         but in
>>         pbuilder, something was wrong.
>>
>>         See here for the post on ubuntuforums. I would appreciate any
>>         help.
>>         http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2166366&p=12750627#post12750627
>>

>>     with not being able to look at debian/rules and debian/control
>>     I'm guessing you may not have python-dev installed?
>>
>>     If you are building for both python2 and python3 have a look at
>>     pybuild :)
>>
>>     --
>>     Charlie
>
>     Hi Charlie,
>
>     Thanks for helping me out. I added python-dev as a build-depends.
>
>     debian/control (*bold* - just added)
>
>         Source: pylangSee my latest
>         Section: x11
>         Standards-Version: 3.9.4
>         Homepage: https://launchpad.net/pylang
>         #Vcs-Git: git://git.debian.org/collab-maint/pylang.git
>         <http://git.debian.org/collab-maint/pylang.git>
>         #Vcs-Browser:
>         http://git.debian.org/?p=collab-maint/pylang.git;a=summary
>
>         Package: pylang
>         Architecture: any
>         Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, ${misc:Depends}, ${python:Depends}
>          Complete the sentence with random words in English, Spanish, etc.
>
>     debian/control (a typical one, didn't change anything)
>
>         #!/usr/bin/make -f
>         # -*- makefile -*-
>         # Sample debian/rules that uses debhelper.
>         # This file was originally written by Joey Hess and Craig Small.
>         # As a special exception, when this file is copied by dh-make
>         into a
>         # dh-make output file, you may use that output file without
>         restriction.
>         # This special exception was added by Craig Small in version
>         0.37 of dh-make.
>
>         # Uncomment this to turn on verbose mode.
>         #export DH_VERBOSE=1
>
>         %:
>             dh $@
>
>     See my latest post on the forum thread on the new source of error.
>     I think I will need to add DistAutoUtils as a depends, but the
>     developer doesn't want it that way.  If that's the case, is there
>     a workaround?
>

> Yes you will have to add that as a dependency or have upstream use
> distutils and then use dh_python2 in debian/rules
>
>     --
>     John Kim
>     Ubuntu QA & Doc Contributor
>     johnkim.ubuntu at gmail.com <mailto:johnkim.ubuntu at gmail.com>
>

> --
> [...]

Like this?

    %:
        dh $@
    *    dh_python2*

Ok, minus the rules file edit atm (I will make it after confirmation),
the build was successful!  Now, I am wondering whether this would affect
the .deb package.  Although the building from source process required
specifying python-distutils-extra as a build-depends, I am concerned
whether the resulting .deb now would want it too because it doesn't and
shouldn't.  How can I ensure or confirm that the .deb does not require
python-distutils-extra?

Thanks.

--
John Kim