Fwd: python kaa-metadata

Chow Loong Jin hyperair at ubuntu.com
Wed Oct 31 01:32:35 UTC 2012

On 31/10/2012 05:48, Alessandro Losavio wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>     I found on LP a package called kaa-metadata
> (https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kaa-metadata), library for python to
> retrieve media metadata. This package seems to be without a maintainer or
> perhaps out of date. I made a fix on this package
> (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kaa-metadata/+bug/553827). How can I
> upload it nobody is leading the package?
>
> If the library is maintainerless, and it needs one, can I be the one?

Hi Alessandro,

Ubuntu doesn't really have package ownership in that sense. All packages in
universe are touchable by all MOTUs. If you do not have upload access for a
package, then you can look for someone who does to sponsor your upload for you.
Please see the Sponsorship Process wiki page[1] for more information on this.

I would also encourage you to push your changes as far upstream as possible (to
Debian[2], or to the upstream project itself[3]). The changes will then flow
back down to Ubuntu in the next upload of the package.

In Debian's case, it looks like the package is maintained by the Freevo Debian
Dream Team[4], which is contactable at pkg-freevo-maint at lists.alioth.debian.org.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SponsorshipProcess
[2] http://packages.qa.debian.org/k/kaa-metadata.html
[3] http://freevo.org/kaa