Request for review

Robert Park robru at gottengeography.ca
Sun Jul 22 00:18:36 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'm a novice packager attempting to put together a package for my
GNOME application. I've successfully put together a working package,
and pushed it to my PPA here:

https://launchpad.net/~gottengeography/+archive/ppa

I also sent an IFP to debian's WNPP but I'm not really sure how to
proceed with the actual getting of the package into debian beyond
that. I'd like some general feedback as it's my first package ever and
it may be a bit rough around the edges.

lintian gives a couple warnings, but they don't seem especially
relevant to me (eg, no manpage, but it's a graphical app that comes
with a good deal of on screen help, so a man page would be pointless).

When I enable my PPA, it installs and runs nicely, at least for me.

Anyway, any help or advice is appreciated. I'm a bit overwhelmed by
all the reading I've been doing these last couple days, so my
apologies if I've overlooked something.

--
http://gottengeography.ca