Searching for a mentor

Petko pditchev at
Thu Feb 9 18:49:46 UTC 2012

  Hello , I saw that the motu mentor mailing list is merging with this
one so I'm writing directly here . For the last moth or so I've been
active on the community (discussions,bug reports, brainstorm ,
blueprints) and I've gotten my way around it , but it's still very hard
to get ideas through or know where to address them . Also it's still
hard to get how parts of the system ( development communication) work .
So I hope someone volunteers as a "mentor" . Nothing special , I just
don't have anyone in the community to ask some simple (or not so simple
) questions , and get an idea of how things really work here.

For me : I'm a medical student from Bulgaria (2nd year) . I've been
programming since high school and can work with C++ (some OpenGL) ,VB
and QB (don't really matter :D) . I've done something like a 3D engine
and have an AI project so I've done quite a bit of coding , but haven't
worked with large codebases that others designed and user oriented
stuff, so I'm not very oriented how to work with the codebase here .

Best regards ,
Petko Ditchev