Unseeded universe needs *you*

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Thu Apr 26 11:08:52 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 10:37:03AM +0100, Iain Lane wrote:
> Fix FTBFS discovered by the recent archive rebuild. If these can be
> fixed by syncing in new revisions from Debian that include new features
> then the release team are usually willing to accommodate.
>
>   http://people.ubuntuwire.org/~wgrant/rebuild-ftbfs-test/test-rebuild-20120328-precise.html

I'd just like to say that this is the first release in recent memory
where we've managed to ship with *zero* out-of-date binaries on any
architecture in any component, due to aggressively fixing relevant
build failures and removal of a number of outdated binaries where they
were no longer supported on certain architectures or fixing their builds
wasn't realistic.  This should make it easier to support the stable
release, and is generally lots tidier.  Thanks to everyone who helped
with this!

I hope that this can be something the +1 maintenance team can keep at
zero on an ongoing basis, now that the backlog has been cleared.