Future of ubuntu-motu-mentors at lists.ubuntu.com

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 7 14:05:29 UTC 2011

Hello,

Am 03.11.2011 21:56, schrieb Andrew Starr-Bochicchio:
> Unless a specific plan emerges to revive the
> ubuntu-motu-mentors list, I propose that we ask to have
> ubuntu-motu-mentors redirect permanently to the regular ubuntu-motu
> list.

No objections.

For the procedure, I don't know if it's actually possible to "redirect"
a mailing list to another. Unless somebody knows how to do this, I would
propose to:

 - add more moderators/admins to both lists,
 - turn the mentors list into emergency mode,
 - subscribe readers of the mentors list to the motu list (if they don't
   do it already),
 - bounce the few incoming mails from mentors to motu if necessary.

The 'mentors' list could be closed completely (IIRC), but then we
wouldn't have the archives any more.

Any mailing list experts who can comment on this? (If you're interest in
becoming moderator/admin of the two lists, please mail me back privately.)

Have a great day,
 Daniel

--
Get involved in Ubuntu development! developer.ubuntu.com/packaging
Stay up to date: follow @ubuntudev on identi.ca/twitter.com/facebook.com