pianobar package update

Luke Faraone lfaraone at ubuntu.com
Sun Nov 6 16:26:56 UTC 2011

On 04/11/11 02:53, sean meir wrote:
> The current version of the package "pianobar" is very out of date (for
> 11.04 natty).  Could you guys push a new compiled version to the repo?

We can't update the package to the latest upstream version, since that
introduces new features in a stable release.

Bug 856035[1] is not fixed in Natty (and Debian Stable) because I had
some difficulty backporting the patch for the new client protocol. Feel
free to take a stab at it.

[1]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pianobar/+bug/856035

Luke Faraone;; Debian & Ubuntu Developer; Sugar Labs, Systems
lfaraone on irc.[freenode,oftc].net -- http://luke.faraone.cc
PGP fprint: 5189 2A7D 16D0 49BB 046B DC77 9732 5DD8 F9FD D506