Could someone assist with applying my simple patch in 518393?

Stefano Rivera stefanor at ubuntu.com
Thu Mar 17 12:24:34 UTC 2011

Hi Scott (2011.03.17_13:24:07_+0200)
> It's a balance. What you say is true. On the other hand, rejection,
> particularly over administrivia, is demotivating. A little extra
> effort to help the contributor be successful can provide a much more
> positive experience.

Yeah, that's something I've discovered as an upstream as well. It's
important to make the first contributions as easy as possible by
providing a helping hand, but try to encourage the contributor to do it
themselves in the future.

When reviewing something from someone I haven't worked with before, I
try to work out how much I should help and how much to review only.
After that, I'll expect more.

SR

--
Stefano Rivera