Greetings from Freeciv upstream

Marko Lindqvist cazfi74 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 02:39:15 UTC 2011

On 14 February 2011 20:23, Jonathan Carter (highvoltage)
<jonathan at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Ubuntu's feature freeze is on February 24[1], that's pretty much the
> deadline, although there is a very good process for feature freeze
> exceptions[2].
>
> Freeciv is currently[3] just a synced[4] package from Debian, so it's
> probably best to just keep Debian up to date and then synchronise in Ubuntu.

 Thanks for great info. If I understood it correctly, our bugfix-only
release 2.2.5 a couple of days after Ubuntu feature freeze actually
should qualify as freeze exception. But that would require that Debian
packet to be synced from becomes available in a timely manner and
introduces no new non-bugfix changes, and that someone requests sync.

 NEWS-2.2.5 document listing fixes already in place can be found from
http://freeciv.wikia.com/wiki/NEWS-2.2.5
 I personally am still going to fix several memory leaks, one of them
huge one in SDL-client: https://gna.org/bugs/?17716

 - ML