Dependency Errors while trying to create make file for package gnome-device-manager

Kevin McKinney klmckinney1 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 02:46:38 BST 2010

Hi
While trying to create a make file for package gnome-device-manager
using ./configure, I am having a problem resolving dependencies.  The
errors I receive are:

checking what language compliance flags to pass to the C compiler...
checking for GNOME_DEVICE_MANAGER... configure: error: Package
requirements (libgnome-2.0 >= 2.14.0
   libgnomeui-2.0 >= 2.14.0
   gtk+-2.0 >= 2.6.0
   hal >= 0.5.10) were not met:

No package 'libgnome-2.0' found
No package 'libgnomeui-2.0' found
No package 'gtk+-2.0' found
No package 'hal' found

When I try command: sudo apt-get install libgnome-2.0; I receive the
error that the package does not exist.  Can someone tell me what I am
doing wrong?  I am not sure why apt-get can not find these packages. I
will also need to port this package from HAL to udev; any
documentation on this would be helpful.  Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Kevin McKinney