Sponsoring Tools

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 1 15:35:27 BST 2010

Hello everybody,

we all know that it'd be great if more sponsoring was done.
http://qa.ubuntu.com/reports/sponsoring/ always is packed with stuff.

I know there's a lot of reasons that things are stuck there, and that a
number of conversations should happen (when to get something off the
list, is the process to hard, when to get upstream first, etc.)

In this discussion I'd like to hear which attempts were made to automate
the process of sponsoring. As far as I know, a few of you have scripts
that download the source, apply the patch, test-build it or deal with
branches that need to be reviewed. It'd be nice if we could starting to
collect those tools, merge them and get them ready to be included in
ubuntu-dev-tools or devscripts.

Can you please let us know how you automate the process? (And no, 'this
is just a bad personal hack' is no excuse. :-))

Thanks a lot in advance.

Have a great day,
 Daniel