Strange FTBFS due to gdk-pixbuf

Krzysztof Klimonda kklimonda at ubuntu.com
Fri Oct 29 17:20:32 BST 2010

On Fri, 2010-10-29 at 18:03 +0200, أحمد المحمودي wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 11:49:21AM -0400, Krzysztof Klimonda wrote:
> > the vdk-config-2 script adds only -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 and not
> > -I/usr/include/gdk-pixbuf-2.0 to cflags and because of that applications
> > can't find headers.
> ---end quoted text---
>
>   Maybe the upstream configure scripts should be patched to use
>   pkg-config ?

Yes, that would probably be the best solution. Unfortunately libvdk2
itself doesn't come with pkg-config file so we would still have to fix
the vdk-config-2 script anyway (which is, afaics, a matter of simply
rebuilding vdk2) because some 3rd party application may still use it.
After the script is fixed all application that use it should be good to
go again. I've filled bug 668414 so MOTU can act on it.

Cheers,
  KK

--
Krzysztof Klimonda <kklimonda at ubuntu.com>