When is crash report triggered?

Christoph Mathys eraserix at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 13:17:15 BST 2010

Some answers to my question:
- The problem was not BUILD_EXCLUSIVE_ but a broken driver, so it was
absolutely OK to trigger the crash report.
- apport collects information. Description for developers at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Apport/DeveloperHowTo
- if dkms finds apport on the system, it does log errors it encounters
from within the /usr/bin/dkms shell script by means of a python script
(apport hook).