Future of MOTU

Chow Loong Jin hyperair at ubuntu.com
Thu Mar 25 18:31:40 GMT 2010

On Friday 26,March,2010 02:15 AM, Brian J Mingus wrote:
> [...]
> I have run my own (K)Ubuntu repository for four years so your stereotype
> must not be completely true.

By "taking care of them afterward", we mean maintaining them within the Ubuntu
archives, not in an external repository. There is no point in accepting a
package that will just bitrot inside the Ubuntu archives but get maintained well
outside.

And if you maintain your packages within the Ubuntu archives, then you do not
fit into the very definition of "drive-by contributor."

--
Kind regards,
Chow Loong Jin (GPG: 0x8F02A411)