Future of MOTU

Stephan Hermann sh at sourcecode.de
Thu Mar 25 15:04:54 GMT 2010

Moins,

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 06:33:45 +0100
Morten Kjeldgaard <mok at bioxray.dk> wrote:

> On 23/03/2010, at 22.32, Benjamin Drung wrote:
>
> > How many people working on that task and how many Ubuntu packages
> > needs
> > to be ported to Debian? Can we rely on the folks who port Ubuntu
> > packages back into Debian or is this more only a wish?
>
> Porting is not the problem, it's getting the package sponsored in
> Debian.

I think it's not a problem of sponsoring...many MOTUs are as well DDs
and if this is not the case, we could ask for sponsorship from pitti,
doko or whoever.
This is really not the problem.

REVU is a nice tool, but the real problem is, then when it comes to
updates, noone is back on that.

Pushing software into ubuntu is not a difficult problem. But who takes
care about it afterwards?

MOTUs/Ubuntu developers who are pushing self made packages taking care
about them afterwards, but drive by contributors don't.

And what is a package worth who nobody cares about?

Regards,

\sh

--
| Stephan '\sh' Hermann    | OSS Dev / SysAdmin         |
| JID: sh at linux-server.org | http://www.sourcecode.de/  |