Please do not tell people interested in working on Qt/KDE apps in?Universe #ubuntu-motu is the wrong channel

Christopher Swift christopher.swift at linux.com
Wed Jun 16 22:49:38 BST 2010

Ar Mer, 2010-06-16 am 17:24 -0400, ysgrifennodd Scott Kitterman:
> I get that you think it's OK to tell people who want to be a MOTU to go elsewhere if they express an interest in a KDE/Qt packages.
>
> I disagree.
>
> Scott K

Scott,  in this conversation from what I have read in the thread all
that has happened is that the guy asking for help,  shadeslayer,  was
advised to hang out in #kubuntu-devel since that is the location where
people who can assist with KDE-related technical matters in Ubuntu are
most likely to be found in one place.  The MOTU team is a great team for
assistance in packaging but if a specific KDE-related error popped up
then hanging out in both #kubuntu-devel & #ubuntu-motu would allow that
developer to get help and fix the problem much more easier since there
is a great pool of assistance to choose from.

In my humble opinion,  there is absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever with
recommending a developer/contributor to be in two related channels which
focus on two different aspects on which they will need to combine to do
their task most efficiently.  This is a big case of something out of
nothing.

Regards,
Christopher Swift.
--