Please do not tell people interested in working on Qt/KDE apps in Universe #ubuntu-motu is the wrong channel

James Westby jw+debian at jameswestby.net
Wed Jun 16 15:41:12 BST 2010

On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 10:10:53 -0400, "ubuntu at kitterman.com" <scott at kitterman.com> wrote:
> The part where someone is told because the package name starts with q,
> #ubuntu-motu is the wrong channel. The person doing the asking is in
> fact very active in #kubuntu-devel, but was reaching out to MOTU to
> try and broaden themselves when they got sent away.

That's not how I read it. They were told that if they were intereted in
KDE packages they could hang around in the Kubuntu channels.

I agree that telling someone they were in the wrong place would be
wrong, but if there are separate Kubuntu channels then I see nothing
wrong with making sure that people interested in KDE know they exist.

Thanks,

James