Debconf help

Stefan Potyra stefan.potyra at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Thu Jul 22 20:59:38 BST 2010

Hi,

Am Thursday 22 July 2010 21:34:19 schrieb Tony Yarusso:
[..]

> > * Do not use service to invoke initscripts from package maintainer
> > scripts. Instead follow Debian policy:
> > http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-opersys.html#s9.3.3.2
>
> Okay.  I was sort of under the impression that service was replacing
> invoke-rc.d, although without any evidence.  Just out of curiosity,
> what's the difference between them?

afaict: service is used to start upstart services, invoke-rc.d starts SysV
init scripts.

To my knowledge, the best option is to use dh_installinit -R for the
init-script, as it will generate the correct code for SysV or upstart (given
you use the debhelper token in the maintainer scripts).

Oh, just saw another thing while taking a glimpse:
        sed -i 's/\#includedir\ \/etc\/sudoers\.d/includedir\
\/etc\/sudoers\.d/' /etc/sudoers

Please don't modify settings of a different package apart from the official
interface (that is exactly what sudoers.d is for).

HTH,
   Stefan.