MOTU documentation for beginners

Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) jonathan at ubuntu.com
Wed Jan 13 12:30:40 GMT 2010

Hi Rami

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 6:04 AM, Rami Eid <rmyeid at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to see the MOTU tutorials more friendly and contains a section
> for getting it done even in poor quality for the beginners and separate
> documents for the people who are planning to participate in MOTU efforts.
> Increasing the size of the people who know how to package and use launchpad
> for distributing their software personally will defintely increase the size
> of the MOTU team on the long run.

I had similar problems when I first started reading MOTU
documentation, some sections are very long-winded, I think in some
cases it's very difficult to keep it short and still explain
everything that needs to be explained. What I found quite useful is
the classes that took place in #ubuntu-classroom over the openweeks
and developer weeks. I think it's especially useful when something
tiny that could be a blocker gets in the way and then someone could
ask about it immediately.

Perhaps it would be better to fix up the current documentation,
updating it and perhaps break some of the larger pieces into smaller
chunks, and also have more classes available and make more videos,
rather than starting a new docs project from scratch for this?

-Jonathan