Packaging question

Tom Masterson kd7cyu at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 20:44:53 GMT 2010

I am considering taking on bug 53062 "mysql workbench package request".
However I am not suer how we want to prceed on this one.  Mysql has
packages for ubuntu 8.04 on their site (which I have not looked at yet).

Do we want to pull the pacages over to the ubuntu repository and update
them so they are up-to-date with the latest version of Ubuntu?
Do we want to leave the pacakging to the maintainer on the mysql side and
mark the bug in some other way?

I have about three years as a build release engineer primarily with redhat
and custom packaging though I have done some with apt packaging.  I do
however have a lot to learn on that side of things.

Tom