New package with REVU vs Debian Import ?

Nathan Handler nhandler at ubuntu.com
Wed Feb 10 23:35:10 GMT 2010

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 4:27 PM, Alexis Saettler <alexis at saettler.org> wrote:
> I know these package will be import automatically in ubuntu (in Lucid ?)
> but I don't know when ? Have you the answer for that ?

All three of those packages [1][2][3] are now in the universe
repository for lucid.

> I have 1 more package on REVU that needs dependencies with these 3
> packages, and I would like to have it in Lucid. As the Freeze is next
> week, I don't know if there is still time ?

If the package gets reviewed and advocated, you can still get it
uploaded for lucid. It can also get uploaded after Feature Freeze if a
Feature Freeze exception gets granted for it.

> BTW I still have these package (libnfo, libplayer, and libvalhalla), and
> 1 more (enna) in REVU, because I have made some little changes between
> the Debian packages, according to the original maintainer, as we are
> from the same dev team (from the GeeXboX project ..).
> So if you read this and are a MOTU, you can review my package ;) Thanks !

If these changes are Ubuntu-specific, files bugs against the packages
on Launchpad and use the Sponsorship process to get the patches
uploaded. There is no need to use REVU. If these changes apply to
Debian as well, you should look into getting the changes applied in
Debian so we can continue to sync the package in Ubuntu.

Sincerely,
Nathan

[1] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libnfo
[2] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libplayer