REVU permissions and updates

Andrew Mitchell ajmitch at ubuntu.com
Sat Aug 14 04:05:20 BST 2010

On Fri, 2010-08-13 at 17:20 -0400, Elliot Murphy wrote:
> Hi!
>
> First, I was looking at REVU and noticed that I am logged in as
> "statik (Contributor)", and I have the ability to comment on packages
> but it seems like other folks probably have an Advocate button. Since
> I first started using REVU before I was a member of MOTU, I am
> wondering whether my permissions are cached somehow on the REVU
> system. Is there an admin of the REVU system that could assist me?
>
> Second, I see that REVU does not yet have support for source format
> 3.0 packages. Is anyone already working on adding this support? It's a
> bit premature for me to offer to work on it, but I've (slowly) started
> setting up a development instance and reading through the code to try
> and understand how much work would be involved.
>
> --
> Elliot Murphy | https://launchpad.net/~statik/

 For the seocn point, it required a dpkg backport  - as REVU runs on a
sparc box, it's a little hard to upgrade it to a recent release of
Ubuntu.
I've compiled the backport from the ~launchpad PPA but have yet to test
it properly to make sure that I don't blow things up inadvertently :)

Thanks,
Andrew