update ibus

Arne Goetje arne.goetje at canonical.com
Sat Aug 7 04:27:21 BST 2010

On 08/07/2010 07:10 AM, Aron Xu wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 05:44, Benjamin Drung<bdrung at ubuntu.com>  wrote:
>> Yes, the merge or upgrade needs to be done by a developer. It's not a
>> user task. My point was: If someone was able to provide a newer version
>> via a PPA (and you install it via ubuntu-tweak), the person can get the
>> package in the archive (through an sponsor) instead.
>>

> The package in Debian can build directly in Ubuntu and works well. I
> am wondering if we don't really need a merge because I found there are
> some code in the previous patches already in mainstream and the
> package works well in our desktop. Also, I am sure there are issues
> about indicator support open on upstream issue tracker.
>
> What we are using from PPA (ppa:shawn-p-huang/ppa) is mostly build the
> package directly from source without any change, package in Debian
> adds the first of three patches ship in Ubuntu that adds the
> X-Ubuntu-Gettext-Domain=ibus domain in .desktop file.
>
> The other two are about appindicator and show_menuitem which are
> somehow not easy for people who are not familiar with indicator-* to
> do the  merge. ibus changes rapidly and indicator-* has changed, too.

I have done the merge here:
https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~arnegoetje/ubuntu/maverick/ibus/merge-from-sid/+merge/31945

Please review and test if it works. Especially test the appindicator and
show_menuitems patches, since I just adjusted the line numbers so that
they apply to the code again. As far as I can see the upstream code has
not changed in this regard, but I'm not an expert on gtk stuff.

And please modify the patches, so that they can be sent upstream, as in
my comment on the bug report
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ibus/+bug/611224

Cheers
Arne