Lucid endgame

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Thu Apr 22 12:50:01 BST 2010

After the 10.04 RC is released there is a large stack of packages that need to
get built to get onto the final ISOs (mostly in Main, but a few in Universe).
There is also a final language pack export to get built.  I expect that this
will occupy the buildds for the next several days, but once the candidate final
ISOs are spun and being tested there will be a two or three day window for
Universe packages to build.

At the rate Universe uploads have been happening, we will have plenty of time
to build everything that gets uploaded, so don't feel shy about getting bug
fixes in.  There is lots to be done to make Universe/Multiverse as
maintainable, functional, and consistent as we can manage by release.

Some resources to consider:

Sponsor queue: http://is.gd/2y76G
http://qa.ubuntuwire.com/ftbfs
http://qa.ubuntuwire.com/bugs/rcbugs/
latest rebuild failures: http://udd.debian.org/cgi-bin/ubuntu_ftbfs.cgi

The output of apt-cache unmet, particularly apt-cache unmet -i can be
instructive as well.

I have been successful in getting sync request processed via the archive and
so I do not see a need at this point for direct uploads of syncs due to
ubuntu-archive latency.  Feel free to ping me on IRC if you have concerns.

Bottom line is we've still got nearly a week to fix things and it's time for
that final push.

Scott K