Cone package - smtp help

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Thu Sep 24 21:42:24 BST 2009

Isaac wrote:

> Who are the creators of the program cone, so that I may forward them
> questions on SMTP setup?
>
> Internet search resulted in nil for who the developers are.

Cone is Ubuntu/Debian packaged software, so I would suggest that you
use a more appropriate search tool :)  A quick

   apt-cache show cone

reveals:

   Maintainer: Ubuntu MOTU Developers <ubuntu-motu at lists.ubuntu.com>

The latter of these is the Debian maintainer of the package.

For more detail on who is working on cone, you could download the source
package (apt-get source cone) and then read the debian/copyright and
debian/changelog files.  According to cone's debian/copyright:

Upstream Author: Sam Varshavchik <mrsam at courier-mta.com>

and lastly the AUTHORS file included in the source tree says:

   Cone is written by:

   Sam Varshavchik <mrsam at courier-mta.com>
   Double Precision, Inc.
   402 Main Street