new audex package 0.72b1

Loïc Martin loic.martin3 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 14:57:38 BST 2009

Klaus Staerk wrote:
 > Hello audex package maintainer,
 >
 > I'd like to hint you to a new audex package:
 >
 > http://opensource.maniatek.com/audex/download.html
 >
 > Would be great to see that package in Karmic.

audex versioning (no #ubuntu# at the end) means it's synced straight
from Debian. Thus, you would have better results by filling a bug in
Debian Bug Tracking System against it
(http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting).

Since it's team maintained (Debian KDE Extras Team) it should be updated
   without much troubles. If you don't have a response in a month or
two, your best method would be to report a bug against it in Launchpad
(https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs) and tagging it
"upgrade" (and possibly linking to the Debian bug you opened earlier).

It probably won't make it in time for Karmic though, because it's past
feature freeze, but once the new package enters Debian it will be
automatically synced for Ubuntu 10.4 (at which stage a backport could be
requested).

Loïc