Søren Hansen and Michael Bienia

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Sat Oct 31 08:59:15 GMT 2009

Am Samstag, den 31.10.2009, 02:58 +0100 schrieb Stefan Potyra:
> That aside, I find it very interesting and disturbing that membership of
> otherwise voted upon boards are (as it occurs to me from this mail) prolonged
> by the will of one developer. Maybe you can clear up what happened? Did that
> happen on request of the community council? Or was it that tech board
> interfered here? And if either, on what basis? Or anything else I just didn't
> get?

It was not the will of one developer (Martin merely pushed the buttons
in LP), but an unanimous decision by the TB and CC. Here's the details.

Søren and Michael were going to lose their team membership in a couple
of days, the result being that we wouldn't have had quorum in the
meeting in which we processed Jonathan's application and had a
discussion with Marc (and probably skip the next one or two meetings
too, because that's how long elections take).

We bounced the idea of elections back and forth and discussed if it
really made sense, as the Developer Membership Board is soon going to
take over developer applications completely. There is no concrete
timeline for this transition yet, so Søren and Michael said that an
extension of 3 months were the maximum they were comfortable with to
bridge the gap between now and then.

True it was a pragmatic decision, but not by one developer, but by our
top governance bodies and it was sensibly discussed with all the pros
and cons.

Hope that explains some missing details.

Have a great day,
 Daniel