Need to add IOK(Indic Onscreen Keyboard) package in Karmic

suji A suji87.msc at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 08:31:19 BST 2009

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 6:22 PM, Onkar Shinde <onkarshinde at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 12:36 PM, suji A <suji87.msc at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I created Debian package for IOK(Indic Onscreen Keyboard), Now it is
> > available in fedora repository only.
> >
> > How to add this package in Ubuntu repository. I'm happy to maintain this
> > package for Ubuntu. I already add this
> >
> > package in Launchpad PPA(Personal Package Archive).
> >
> >  Here is the link for that
> >         https://launchpad.net/~suji87-msc/+archive/ppa<https://launchpad.net/%7Esuji87-msc/+archive/ppa>
>
> > The first step for new packages to enter in Ubuntu is to post the
> > source packages on REVU - http://revu.ubuntuwire.com/

         I upload the package for review it is here
http://revu.ubuntuwire.com/details.py?upid=6950
Here i got a warning, because i didn't build the package using -sa after
that again i build the package using
dpkg-buildpackage -S -sa -rfakeroot

and upload it again http://revu.ubuntuwire.com/details.py?upid=6951 i got
some warnings here also.

I don't know how to solve this warnings, need help.

> > Considering that most developers are busy fixing bugs for karmic, you
> > will have better luck with inclusion in lucid lynx.
>

> Thanks in advance

Regards,
Suji A.