Package w3m-el 1.4.4-9

Peter Stirling peter at pjstirling.plus.com
Thu Nov 26 18:18:39 GMT 2009

Hi,

I'm decided to upgrade from emacs22-gtk to emacs23, but the w3m-el
package doesn't load, because it's not (as I discovered when I manually
added it to load-path) compatible with emacs23.

I can sort-of see the logic in not setting it up to work with emacs23
when it will just give you an error message, but having to figure out
how, and then why, it wasn't getting loaded was time that I could have
spent otherwise.

A good first step might be to add "Install the w3m-el-snapshot if you
want to use emacs23." to the package descriptions of both packages of
w3m-el.

It should also be noted that when I installed either, I would get
messages like:

	The package w3m-el-snapshot should be rebuild with new debhelper to get
trigger support
	Ignoring install-info called from maintainer script
	The package w3m-el-snapshot should be rebuild with new debhelper to get
trigger support

I thought at first that this was why it wasn't working.