gpointing-device-settings 1.3.1-2 seems to be installed - but can't be found

Harry Potter fellowsgarden at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 15:16:42 GMT 2009

for completeness: I used the following command in Terminal to create the fdi

gksudo gedit /etc/hal/fdi/policy/mouse-wheel.fdi

as had been described to me
here:http://swiss.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=7907546

---

I still would like to know though what ("etc") "hal" and "fdi" stand
for, acronym for what? google is full of documents using, but not
defining or describing them.

hp.