Søren Hansen and Michael Bienia

Benj. Mako Hill mako at atdot.cc
Mon Nov 2 17:32:35 GMT 2009

<quote who="Scott Kitterman" date="Mon, Nov 02, 2009 at 11:21:54AM -0500">
> One of the roles of the community is to understand and (if needed)
> critique the actions of our leadership.  This entire thread started off
> because of an incorrect statement that the memberships had been extended
> based on the decision of one person.

In fairness, this isn't completely true. The thread in quesiton said,
"the CC, DMB, Søren, and Michael talked about this and agreed to a 3
month extension of their terms on the MOTU Council."

There was a misunderstanding. I think Mark's point is, "assume good
faith" before jumping to the conclusion that there's something nefarious
going on. I think we can all commit to doing that.

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill
mako at atdot.cc
http://mako.cc/

Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so far
as society is free to use the results. --GNU Manifesto