Søren Hansen and Michael Bienia

Benj. Mako Hill mako at atdot.cc
Mon Nov 2 02:30:12 GMT 2009

<quote who="Stefan Potyra" date="Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 02:58:21AM +0100">
> First off, such an announcement won't reach a large number of developers
> unless sent to e.g. ubuntu-motu or ubuntu-devel (@l.u.c). CC'ing ubuntu-motu
> and keeping the complete original text for reference.

Clearly not. I'm telling you first because that seemed prudent. We
should publicize this more widely once that's done. We can talk about
how to do that. I suppose y'all will know how to do that better within
your community than I do.

> That aside, I find it very interesting and disturbing that membership
> of otherwise voted upon boards are (as it occurs to me from this mail)
> prolonged by the will of one developer.

I think there is just confusion here.

> Maybe you can clear up what happened? Did that happen on request of
> the community council? Or was it that tech board interfered here? And
> if either, on what basis? Or anything else I just didn't get?

The whole CC and the whole DMB (which is basically the
part/representative of the TB that is relevant for this discussion) all
found unamimously in favor. We all had a little back and forth about the
amount of time we thought it would take to get things set up and decided
3 months was a good conservative time. It can take nearly that long to
get nominators, to elect someone, and get them set up on a council. It
would be kind of a waste if their council disappeared out from under
them as soon as that was done.

I'm sorry that wasn't clear. Hopefully it's cleared up now.

Later,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill
mako at atdot.cc
http://mako.cc/

Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so far
as society is free to use the results. --GNU Manifesto