Call for feedback: REVU header and notifications

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Sun Mar 1 15:13:36 GMT 2009

On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 14:41:23 +0100 Siegfried-Angel
<siggi.gevatter at gmail.com> wrote:
>2009/3/1 Scott Kitterman <ubuntu at kitterman.com>:
>> I'd prefer to keep it as is because it is a MOTU tool, but if others
like the change, I won't object.

>I'll explain some advantages I see in removing "MOTU" from it, as I
>already did on IRC:
>
> - REVU is not only for MOTUs. Actually, most of the people uploading
>packages aren't MOTU.

I've always viewed REVU as a tool to assist MOTU in reviewing packages.  So
this is just a question of perspective.  Either is valid.

> - AFAIK with Archive Reorg the MOTU team will end up being merged
>with Core Dev, so this will have to be changed in any case.

Yes, but I think we don't really know what this will look like and changes
for this reason are premature.

So I'll step back and we'll see if anyone else cares.

Scott K