Maintainer/XSBC-Original-Maintainer in Ubuntu packages

Reinhard Tartler siretart at ubuntu.com
Fri Jun 12 13:14:02 BST 2009

Morten Kjeldgaard <mok at bioxray.au.dk> writes:

> Currently, we put the email address of this mailing list in the
> maintainer field. That is redundant, because the Maintainer: field of
> all packages in universe then is identical. It contributes no
> information other than what is already known by the package being in
> Universe. From the release string, it is quite easy to determine that
> this is an Ubuntu-only package, and it's already known that it's from
> Universe.

I disagree here a bit. Some of the package I maintain are being
maintained in a team on alioth. Most prominent teams here are pkg-wpa
and pkg-multimedia. I leave the alioth mailing list in the maintainer
field to indicate where the maintainers can be reached.

While I understand your proposal, I'd like to see that we keep these
packages as a corner case and leave the Maintainer fields.

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4