Reproducible w3m bug

( ``-_-´´ ) -- BUGabundo BUGabundo at ubuntu.com
Mon Jun 8 20:58:10 BST 2009

Olá Sitsofe e a todos.

On Friday 15 May 2009 12:14:31 Sitsofe Wheeler wrote:
> That's reasonable too but w3m is installed by default and if it's used by so few
> perhaps it shouldn't be there by default - it strikes me as unsafe to be putting
> packages that can't be supported on people's systems out of the box. Wouldn't it
> be better to migrate to products that were actively maintained? Your comment
> clearly stands for rrootage though.

That remind me of another thing:
Should package that are in Universe and unmaintained[1] show that in Launchpad and _suggest_ the user to upstream them?
I understand that _not_ all user will know/want to do that, but at least it would allow more experienced bug filling users to be more alerted to this problems. A LP team could be created and members of such team could then see this extra info directly on the bug filling page, that way, regular users would be undisturbed by this extra info.

What do you guys think?

[1] I know that identifying unmaintained packages is not easy, specially since any one (coredev, MOTU, etc) can at any given time start to work on "those" packages. Maybe it could be done by a ratio of number of bugs and triaged ones ?

--
Hi, I'm BUGabundo, and I am Ubuntu (whyubuntu.com)
(``-_-´´)	http://LinuxNoDEI.BUGabundo.net