hardinfo FTBFS, but cannot reproduce

Jacob Peddicord jpeddicord at ubuntu.com
Thu Jun 4 18:34:45 BST 2009

I've been trying to figure this out for the past couple of days, but
no matter what I use to build hardinfo 0.5c-1 (sync), it builds
successfully on my pbuilder instance (yay). However, I'm getting
failed build messages from Launchpad.

I understand the error is that there are files in /usr/local (well,
from what I can see hardinfo creates /usr/local but does not put
anything in it). That's fine, that can be fixed. But why can't I
reproduce the FTBFS on my own pbuilder? How will I know whether a fix
I've made will actually work without actually uploading it? I've
updated my pbuilder, cleared it, recreated it, but the package still
builds reliably. Yes, I'm using --variant=buildd. Also tried grabbing
sources straight from the Launchpad build page.

Help on this would be appreciated. Build logs are linked below.

Jacob

 * Source Package: hardinfo
 * Version: 0.5c-1
 * Architecture: i386
 * Archive: ubuntu primary archive
 * Component: universe
 * State: Failed to build
 * Duration: four minutes
 * Build Log: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/hardinfo/0.5c-1/+build/1054419/+files/buildlog_ubuntu-karmic-i386.hardinfo_0.5c-1_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz
 * Builder: https://launchpad.net/builders/rothera
 * Source: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/hardinfo/0.5c-1

If you want further information about this situation, feel free to
contact a member of the Launchpad Buildd Administrators team.

--
i386 build of hardinfo 0.5c-1 in ubuntu karmic RELEASE
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/hardinfo/0.5c-1/+build/1054419