Why isn't penggy in the intrepid or jaunty repos?

Max Bowsher maxb at f2s.com
Tue Jun 2 14:04:51 BST 2009

Rayne Simpson wrote:
> Do they not work in Jaunty and Intrepid or will I be able to use Penggy
> after I upgrade? I have no other option but penggy. :(

Removal reasons may be accessed on Launchpad.

Specifically, the page https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/penggy
states "Deleted in intrepid-release  (Reason: (From Debian) RoM; dead
upstream, RC buggy)"

RoM = Request of Maintainer
RC = Release Critical

i.e. the Debian package maintainer initiated the removal, stating as
justification that the upstream project is dead, and the software
contains bugs sufficiently bad to forbid it being present in future
Debian releases. Ubuntu, being based on Debian, has then followed this
removal.

Max.